Thursday, March 24

Tempe Town Lake - Tempe AZ Family Photographer

Today I went scouting in downtown Tempe for ideas on future photo sessions. I did this last year, but it's always nice to look at things from a different perspective. My friend Amy and I both have sessions scheduled there soon so we loaded up the gang and headed to downtown Tempe. We spent most of the afternoon chasing after our kids, laughing and brainstorming.

Here are the boys burning up some energy...
Spencer said "Mom, mom look at me, take a picture"


Spencer is about to lose his front bottom tooth, so this will probably be one of his last pictures with his baby smile! The tooth is even to the side... that's how loose it is! Makes me sooo sad.
More running around...

"Mom look at me, see what I can do? Take a picture"
Scary face... Ok, I'm starting to see this quickly becoming a Spencer photo session. ha!
We ended up at the beach, yes there's a beach in downtown Tempe. Not big, probably about 100 feet long, but a beach nonetheless. Here's Amy taking a pic of her little girl.
I should post some pictures from our last adventure scouting out places. It seems that we always end up by a body of water with my boys soaked, naked, and cold! This was just the beginning. I reminded them how cold they were last time, but of course they didn't listen. Thankfully, I found extra clothes in our car to have them change in to.
Ashley wanted to get in so bad, she even took off her diaper because she saw her brothers' getting undressed.
"Not too bad..."
"Maybe if we raise our pants this time we won't be cold..."
About 20 minutes after they started playing in the water we noticed a dead fish. Yuck! It must have been there for a while because brave Amy tried to move it and she was grossed out that it felt hollow. I was just grossed out to see it. lol
Until our next adventure!

4 comments:

Amy Jarrett Hill said...

i LOVE these! my gosh, you're editing is so amazing!!! What am I not doing? And you took so many pics! I didn't even realize you had your camera out that much! I guess when I'm in my 'zone' I totally block everything else out! My most favorites are the ones of Scott with the sand through his fingers and the kids at the newspaper stands. So fun, we have to do this more often. When can we go to Tempe Marketplace....uhhhhh is that what it's called?

Diana Carver Photography said...

LOL Thanks Amy! I love how you don't know what the places out here are called! I should come visit your part of the world. I'm sure I would be the same way. lol Yes, it's the Tempe Marketplace. That will be our next adventure, and yes there's water there too so I'll bring extra clothes for my kids. :)

Bethany Garvey said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love the third image of your son shot passed your other son. Geez, does that even make sense? And all the shots along the water! Can't wait for my session there!

Davin Abalama said...

I love the photos. kids are adorable :-) it is awesome. Love watching the kids grow up

 
© Diana Carver Photography