Tuesday, February 15

Elin's Birth- AZ Birth Photographer

Sunday night I received a text from my friend Trisha.

"contractions have started"

We had a conversation a few days before about her going possibly over her due date and me leaving out of town. I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case. She'd asked me to be at her baby's birth a few month ago, and I'd really been looking forward to witnessing the birth. Truly an amazing experience. I've had 3 kids of my own and the experience of watching another human being come into this world never seizes to amaze me.

Tim called be about 3 a.m., I had asked them to call when Trisha was dilated to a 7, but things just went so fast. She went from 6cm to fully dilated in a matter of 20 minutes.

"If you want to be here for the birth you need to hurry," he said in a sleepy voice.

"I'm on my way," I said and hurried and slipped on some clothes. Luckily, I had decided to sleep with my contacts in earlier that night, just in case.

The hospital is about 15 minutes from where I live. I set my camera settings as I was walking into the hospital. I got there literally a minute before the on-call doctor did. The doctor walked into the room and washed his hands.

"Push"

One push later baby Elin took her first breath. It was a bewildering moment. Thanks Tim and Trisha for letting me be part of this amazing occasion!

Welcome to the world baby Elin!






















For info on having your baby's birth photographed contact me at dcarverphoto@gmail.com

7 comments:

Laura said...

So beautiful. Precious memories. Trisha looks great! I love that you used black and white for these. And I LOVE that you thought to take a picture of the hospital. You are very talented!

Unknown said...

Thanks Laura! The Hospital picture was actually taken on the way out. Ha I was running like a mad woman to get inside the hospital.

Shona Brinkerhoff said...

Absolutely breath taking....I cried. honestly. what an amazing experience! You are Awesome Diana!

Amy Jarrett Hill said...

You have totally found your niche! You are seriously an AWESOME newborn photographer! I would LOVE to shoot at a hospital one day! So inspiring! Great seeing you tonight...you've been busy!!!

Diana Carver Photography said...

Shona- Thanks sweet! You made my day! That means I've done my job. :D
Amy- I love you! You're pretty amazing! I'll let you know when you can come out with me.

Trisha said...

Diana-You mean the world to me for taking these beautiful pictures and for coming to the birth. The entire experience was amazing and you truly are a gifted photographer! ~Trisha

Unknown said...

Awww, Trisha, your sweet words just pull my heart strings! I'm so glad I was there to be part of this experience!

 
© Diana Carver Photography